Get Knowledge- Information HINTS

Yale School of Management Review – Programs, Application Requirements, Placements, Accommodations

Yale School

Yale School

The Yale School of Management (also known as Yale SOM) is the graduate business school of Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. The mission of the Yale School of Management is to educate leaders for business and society. It offers the best MBA in the USA that you can target for your masters.
The school’s students, faculty, and alumni are committed to understanding the complex forces transforming global markets and using that understanding to build organizations—in the for-profit, non-profit, entrepreneurial, and government sectors—that contribute lasting value to society. This is one of the best university if you are planning to study in the USA.

The school is known for its strength in the non-profit sector and has taken a very different approach to management education than most business schools. SOM is the youngest of top-tier U.S. business schools. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Yale SOM 9th in its annual ranking of U.S. business schools. The Financial Times has ranked Yale SOM 4th globally and 2nd among U.S. schools in its annual ranking of 100 full-time global MBA programs. The school offers one of the best masters in management in the USA.

Academic Programs:
MBA for Executives
Management Master’s Programs
Master of Advanced Management
Master’s Degree in Asset Management 
Master’s Degree in Global Business & Society 
Master’s Degree in Public Education Management 
Master’s Degree in Systemic Risk 
Doctoral Programs 
Joint Programs
Global Pre-MBA Leadership
Executive Education: a total of 31 programs are offered by the Yale University of Management which are accessible through physical as well as online modes.

Admission Requirements:
Four-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
GPA (with score between 3.34 to 3.92) (about 83%)
Statement of purpose
Personal information section (optional)
Academic record – transcripts from all universities and colleges attended, and the competition for a four-year bachelor’s degree or international equivalent 
Valid GMAT (Median score of 680-760 required) and GRE (Median score is 160-170 required).
Two professional recommendations to study in the US
Professional resume 
Career goals (short answer)
One essay 
Behavioral assessment
Submit the application fee of $250
Video questions
Interviews will be invitation-based

Yale SOM claims that about 96% of its students are offered a job within three months of post-graduation
Highest Employment Sectors:
Consulting (34.2%)
Finance (25.1%)
Technology (10%)
Retail (10%)
Media/Entertainment (3.8%)

The overall Yale MBA graduate salary (median salary) was USD 140,400 and the median signing bonus received was USD 30,000. Geographically, 91.5% of full-time hires were within the United States with a median salary of USD 150,000. On the other hand, 8.5% of full-time hires were international students with a median salary of USD 102,918.

The student body as well as the Career Development Office (CDO) have incredible resources to help with the recruitment on campus, regardless of which industries students would like to enter. Multiple companies visit campus just a few weeks after classes begin in the fall, holding corporate presentations, happy hours, and lunches to show students what their openings are, as well as to provide a sense of each firm’s culture. These on-campus recruitment events are an opportunity for students to network with different companies, and determine whether a specific firm is a good fit. 

Outside of corporate events, firms also post positions online through Yale SOM’s CDO website. The CDO provides a wide variety of job search tools, pieces of training, and opportunities for career coaching to ensure students are the utmost prepared for recruitment. Meanwhile, second-year students head up career clubs to help students with on-the-ground experience from their recruitment processes. 

Top Companies hiring:
Deloitte LLP
Infosys Limited
McKinsey & Company
American Express
Anthem, Inc.
United States Navy
Paramount Pictures Corporation

At Yale School of Management, there are 3 main neighborhoods that students live in: East Rock (north of the school), Downtown (south of the school), and Mansfield (southwest of the school). East Rock and Mansfield tend to be family-oriented, homey neighborhoods with many old Victorian homes which have been converted into apartment units. Meanwhile, Downtown is more active, with a variety of apartment building units tucked between restaurants and bars. All are safe options for students and tend to be pretty affordable. These neighborhoods are all within 20 minutes walking distance of SOM (most are closer), though Yale has a robust free shuttle service to help make commuting as easy as possible.