WordPress v/s Shopify is mainly thought about while choosing between the two for your eCommerce website development. So to put it simply, If you already have a WordPress website and now want to start selling online, you just need to add the WooCommerce plugin meant for eCommerce.
Or if you want to start afresh, you have plenty of options to choose from and Shopify is one of them and a great option to go for.
Professionals, individuals, and business owners have preferred WordPress development for various reasons, and it is considered one of the best CMS platforms available. Many reasons make WordPress a better website and confirm its popularity. They are as follows –
- WordPress is open and free source, whereas Shopify is not.
- It is a complete content management system suitable for making a generic blog or company website. With little tech know-how, one can also start on their own.
- Website development services with WordPress is less costly as compared to any other.
- Thousands of free and paid plugins can make their website more efficient than its competition.
- WordPress websites have many exciting SEO features to make their site searchable and rank well in Google.
- WordPress offers Flexible management. You can easily keep adding products and update your inventory via the WordPress interface.
The ease of developing, altering and maintaining a website makes many businesses go for WordPress development services
Now being a complete business and sales focused eCommerce site builder, let’s find out what makes Shopify unique –
- Shopify-based eCommerce websites can give you a plethora of payment options like PayPal, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, and more. It has hundreds of third-party payment providers.
- Shopify has the best customer support to reach out via chat, email, Twitter, more. It is vital if you are running an eCommerce business website.
- Shopify gives its customers a chance of retargeting its customers who have abandoned their shopping cart by abandoned cart recovery. This is an excellent way of bringing back your visitors to your website.
- Sale through more channels by adding buy button of Shopify on other sites sale on different portals like Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, messenger, ETC.
- Shopify keeps your business information and customer data secured as the Shopify stress are PCI compliant, which means the payment information and business data is secured. Also, they add layers of security to keep your customer info safe.
Now let’s dig further to understand which one you should pick for making your eCommerce Website. Differences of WordPress v/s Shopify performance in detail –
The Key Differences Between Shopify V/S WordPress For Ecommerce:
- Different Purposes:
WordPress is a powerful Content Management System, whereas Shopify is a complete sales-focused eCommerce builder.
- Mobile Optimized Themes:
Shopify has both free and paid theme templates, and each one is mobile-responsive, which means the themes look better designed and match any screen size.
Shopify sites can handle a tremendous amount of data upsurge and heavy traffic inflows required for your growing business needs.
- Better Security:
Shopify understands the need of the business and ensures that page loading and site loading happens faster. It provides 100% SSL that keeps the website loading more quickly. It also ensures customer security while making payments via credit cards.
- Sales Analytics Report:
One gets plenty of pre-built-in features for analytics that will help you keep track of your online store. It also allows businesses to analyze customer behavior, conversion tracking, total sales, returning customer rate, and average order value, making your work a lot easier.
Having shown the pros and cons of both the platforms it may have gotten easier for you to decide which one to choose for eCommerce website development. If you already have a wordpress website and now if you are planning to convert it in Shopify then you don’t have to make a new one, just get the old website migrated.
For a smooth migration process of your eCommerce website from WordPress to Shopify, just explore the checklist guide here – WordPress to Shopify Migration- a must guide you should know.
In Shopify vs WordPress for eCommerce, we can quickly sum up that if you want to get an eCommerce website via WordPress, i.e. by WooCommerce development services, it does a decent job, with unique and thousands of themes and plugins to choose from and add to their eCommerce site and make a unique customized shopping store. Both big and small businesses prefer WooCommerce by WordPress because it is fully customizable and easier to adapt according to one’s business needs.
Besides WooCommerce v/s Shopify, you have more eCommerce website development platforms, but market analytics tell that Shopify is the most sought after eCommerce website platform because of its flexibility and plenty of exclusive eCommerce features that it offers.
Our Shopify is fully functional, a one-stop solution for advanced eCommerce store development. The features and flexibility it gives users, and online store owners are superb in building a fantastic online store. Our Shopify development services offer excellent technical support in making an ecstatic eCommerce site.
Finally, it all boils down to your specific need. The platform you should opt for your eCommerce Website Development Services depends on a couple of things like – your business needs, the technical support you have, budget, and more.
Here, a website design company comes in handy as they understand the technology better, so let them decide which is the best technology platform for your shopping website and let the expert developers do their thing.
An eCommerce development company will not only help you create your online store but market it with proper search engine optimization techniques. And once your online store is set up, it will require regular updating and maintenance as you cannot afford your site to become slow or face any trouble and loose orders or customers due to such technical glitches.